1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person has to share ten facts about themselves.
3. Answer the ten questions asked by the person who tagged you, and make up ten questions of your own.
There were more about tagging, but guess what? I’m not going to tag anybody either.
I. I am obsessed with rocks, gemstones and cool minerals first and foremost. Lake Superior agates are my favorite to find! I also enjoy using semiprecious stones in the jewelry I make, and my favorite stone to use is malachite: a green copper-bearing mineral that forms in beautiful striped patterns.
2. Much as I now love “Frozen,” “Mulan” will always be my favorite Disney movie and in my opinion the best animated film ever made.
3. I used to want to be an archaeologist, and I still am very interested in anthropology and history. My favorite time periods/cultures to study are Mesoamerica, the Maya in particular; Ancient Egypt; World War II with a focus on the Holocaust (awful as it is I think it’s vitally important to try to understand it); and 1920s-1930s gangsters. I’m also interested in Neolithic Great Britain, Celtic Europe, Pacific Northwest Native American tribes, and Southwestern U.S. Native tribes, especially Ancestral Pueblo.
4. My favorite thing to do is write. It calms me down, it makes me laugh, it exercises my brain, it’s loads of fun, and I really enjoy looking up new vocabulary to use.
5. My OTPs always turn out to be het and male/female is my favorite type of pairing to write, but I love some male/male and female/female pairings too. I’m straight but have no problem whatsoever with homosexuality. I ship couples for who they are, not what gender they are.
6. If I ever do marry, and my hypothetical fiancé agrees to it, I want to have a wedding cake shaped like Minas Tirith from “The Lord of the Rings” movies. Who needs a lavish reception or blingy dress when you can indulge your geek side, and get your equally nerdy family/friends to have a good laugh? This started out as a joke, especially the part about having Faramir and Éowyn action figures on it (LotR OTP yay!), but the more I thought about it the cooler it sounded.
7. I like almost every genre of modern music there is, and even with country and spiritual, there are a couple songs I like. Rock, pop, Classical, dance, Motown, rap, alternative, R & B, Latin, techno... it’s all on my iPod. Not to mention all sorts of movie scores, from “The Hobbit” to “Titanic” to “Pirates of the Caribbean.”
8. I’ve never actually taken a writing class, but I would very much like to and won’t even attempt to get original work published until I do. I improve by reading quality writing and taking note of what makes it so, experimentation, practice, and constructive criticism over everything else. I love when people are kind enough to help me get better!
9. All of my favorite female characters are strong: Lady Karura, Mira Nova, Éowyn, Elsa, Jade Chan, etc. Women who can stand up for and defend themselves are the best! I do like some more passive female characters, but warrior women are the ones I love the most.
10. I love writing poetry and song lyrics. My mother is a singer, so one of these days when we both have the time I plan to ask her to help me learn to write sheet music. I always have melodies in my head when I write the lyrics, but so far can’t get them down on paper.
1. Favorite DA artist: I don’ t have a single favorite, just favorites for various subjects. For original fantasy, her gorgeous dragons in particular, is where it’s at. She’s super cool: she’s a popular artist who takes the time to respond to comments and has given me advice on Prisma pencils.
I’ve met a lot of really skilled and personable “Frozen” artists, but I think is my favorite. She does such a great job with expressions, and she’s another talented popular artist who interacts with people and is really friendly. She’s taking a break from drawing now, so we’re all wishing her well and looking forward to her art’s return.
2. Favorite show/movie: “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” Extended Version. So epic, so beautiful, so many awesome characters and costumes and action scenes!
3. Your favorite OC, if you have one: Can I do FC? Right now it’s Prince Reinhardt Tor Martinus Westergård for “Frozen,” Brother Number Nine for Hans. He’s a perv, he’s conceited, he’s manipulative... and yet he’s intelligent, can be very funny, and deep down sympathizes with Hans every once and a while. So far he’s the most nuanced of the twelve I’ve come up with, and one of only two who isn’t a total bastard. Plus I’ve decided he sounds kind of like Richard Armitage doing an American accent, yay.
4. Disney or DreamWorks?: Nowadays, it’s got to be Disney. Back when DreamWorks did great 2D animation like “The Prince of Egypt,” “The Road to El Dorado,” and “Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron” they were tied, but now they only do CG and it tends to suck.
5. If you could save the world, would you?: Yeah, but I’d be tempted to let the Middle East be destroyed barring Israel, for all the barbarity that goes on there.
6. This is going nowhere, make up your own question...: Okay… “What is your favorite sport?” And my answer is taekwondo, but I really enjoy watching soccer too. Figures that I live in the one country in the world where soccer is an afterthought, and American football is placed on such a pedestal.
7. Favorite song?: Oh gosh, I can’t choose. Right now it’s a three-way tie between Ella Henderson’s “Ghost,” Sarah Brightman’s “Fleurs du Mal,” and Marvin Gaye’s “I Heard It Through the Grapevine.”
8. You’re an evil villain, who would be your sidekick?: I dunno, my guinea pig Wenham? I’d sit on my throne of evilness as captured do-gooders were brought before me, stroking him and talking baby talk and making them give me odd looks. We’d be like Dr. Evil and Mr. Bigglesworth, and I’d sing songs to him about how I’m taking over the world but he’ll always be my little snugglebunch.
9. Favorite video game?: Um, I don’t really play them anymore. I guess I’d have to go with the first three “Spyro the Dragon” games, or the classic “Crash Bandicoot” ones.
10. I don't know... think of something: Favorite fruit? Blackberries, especially the wild mountain type. They always remind me of my deceased grandfather on my dad’s side.
1. What is the first movie you can remember watching?
2. What’s your favorite subject to draw?
3. Where did you go on your favorite vacation, and what made it so great?
4. Hans/Elsa… yes yes yes, who the hell are they, neutral, or no please no, and why?
5. If you could smack one evil person in history, who would it be?
6. Whose art do you most aspire to emulate?
7. What’s your favorite flower, and do you know what it means?
8. Do you have any pets?
9. What was the best piece of constructive criticism you’ve ever gotten?
10. Do you prefer digital or traditional art, and why?
Anybody can do this, absolutely anybody. If you do, please tell me because I want to learn more about you!